$0
$30K!!!
$30,000
   

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

More Growth on the BBS...

The following excerpts were pulled from the LC3 online bulletin board:


I have attached an idea for a name and/or logo for our Portland LP group that could be used on the T-shirt, in a brochure, on our blog, in our fundraising letters, etc. I am asking that you to take a look, make a suggestion or alternative idea and to align to one possibility by 8 p.m. PST on Friday, May 12. I see this as a beginning and ask that those with further creativity freely contribute to a name option.

Bart
-Bart
05/10/2006 @ 10:18 pm

Wow, another incredible day today. I attended a business lunch with eight people today, most all from my office. Before I even mentioned anything, one of the gals asked to speak to me after lunch regarding my project. One thing led to another and we were all talking about it and I shared my goal of raising $1,000 between now and then and how I have broken it down to $5 contributions from five people every day. The dollar bills started flying across the table. As I checked out at the register and was noting who contributed what the waitress asked what my project and fundraising was for. Upon hearing my story she gave me $2 from her tip money. Yikes, I just realized I forgot to leave my own tip! Anyways, the gal that breached the subject suggested she may contribute $500.

By the end of the day, I saw that I was $3 short of my daily goal. I went looking to see who was still in the office. One of the guys I had lunch with ripped out a $20 and gave it to me. I told him I would get him a receipt and he said not to waste my time dealing with that, instead to use my time and energy to get more contributions.

I am absolutely on fire with excitement, passion and goose bumps. I never in my wildest dreams imagined the engagement I am creating through this project.

I reviewed my notes from weekend one at LP. I noticed all the self-limiting beliefs and lack of self-worth that I came with. I looked at my list of attributes that I want others to see in me. What I see is that coming from a place of service with such intense energy, passion and excitement that I have moved over to the side of how I want others to see me. In other words, my servant actions have allowed me to see myself as the leader I am. Coming from a servant roll, focusing on serving others, suddenly I see how into “me” I have been and what a road block it has been for me. I can now see how my actions and thoughts were continually keeping myself in that downward spiral. What a learning experience! I’m so excited! It feels so good to be coming out of the drift!


Debbie
-Debbie
05/13/2006 @3:50 am

I have a reflection for this thread.

Last Thursday I sat down to discuss our stay in New Orleans with 2 of the carpenter contractors who had committed to help me build the medical clinic. To my dismay they informed me that they would not be able to go do to circumstances. I was devastated and very depressed. My thought at that moment was "how can I get this clinic built without some skilled helpers"? After stewing in my self pity and anger for quite awhile, I suddenly remembered something my brother Skip tells me. "Well that didn't work, what might work? In other words from such a huge breakdown, what are the possibilities that could arise?

At this point I started to ask myself, who else might I recruit from here? Then I thought, we'll I'm from MN, who could I recruit from there? I realized I didn't know anyone else that I could trust.

As I was discussing this with my girlfriend and telling her what had happened and I had no idea of any other possibilities, she looked at me and said "well I don't know why your trying to recruit anyone from here anyways, you should try and recruit in New Orleans where they live in the disaster".

When she said this, it was if a light bulb went off in my head. I looked at her and said "your absolutely right, that is what I am going to do". And I realized, this was the possibility I was looking for. I then proceeded to write a letter of our project, found a website that listed skilled trades in New Orleans and e-mailed about 100 e-mails out.

I won't go into all the details, however from doing this, realizing a breakdown then a new possibility, acting on it, we now have many contractors to help us on our project. This all happened in a few short days. I am now more excited than ever, to see all the caring and passion with everyone I've talked to in New Orleans.

Jim
-Jim K.
05/14/2006 @1:31 pm

Doug, I wanted to share my personal experiences. First of you. My experience of you was a gentle man with a huge heart and with a magnificent goal of improving the world around him and his clients, two-legged and four-legged (and snakes without legs I suppose). I sense an urgency you have about that and I have made two contacts with the other vet I mentioned and trust that as a fellow jouneyperson with me that she will contact you soon.
My experience of myself, not just about this particular chapter that is the Leadership Program, but what I have experienced since I got involved with the seminars, staffing and the schools since 2002 is that BEING in it makes my energy level rise and my desire to serve greater and clearly improves my attitude. It runs over into my participation with people here...at work, at home and just generally in the world.
I am requesting that you look at the possibilities that being a part of the service project, in any manner you choose to participate, that can open for you. As you see fit.
Best wishes.

Paul
-Paul
05/16/2006 @9:19 am